Over the years we’ve covered the art of search engine optimisation (SEO) here in some detail. From understanding what search engine optimisation is to creating content which attracts lots of links, we have advice that can help.
The thing is, we have so many blog posts now that it’s not that easy to find the key bits of SEO advice you need. That’s why we’ve decided to bring together six of the best SEO articles we’ve written – so you can find out everything you need to know about getting your website to rank highly on search engines like Google.
- Why you should bookmark Google’s keyword tool
Google’s keyword tool has been around for years now, and it’s one of the most valuable tools you can use when you’re trying to improve your site’s rankings. Why? Because it can tell you what people actually search for online, helping to make sure you optimise your website for the right phrases.
Learn about Google’s keyword tool >
- Top six examples of link bait
Link bait is anything on your website that attracts lots of visitors and encourages other people to link back to your website. Because the number of links that point at your site have a huge influence on its rankings, link bait is a great way to climb the rankings.
See how to write your own link bait >
- Big mistakes in SEO writing
Writing optimised content isn’t rocket science, but there are some basic rules you should stick to – and some key mistakes to avoid. For a start, content is king, not your keywords – so always keep the people who’ll be reading what you write in mind.
What not to do when you write for your website >
- Six questions to ask an SEO consultant
It can be a good idea to bring in an expert to help improve your website’s search rankings. But there are lots of people out there who call themselves SEO experts – the trick is spotting the good ones. It’s vital to ask the right questions.
What to ask an SEO consultant >
- What on earth is Google PageRank?
There’s a lot of confusion about what Google’s PageRank actually is. Some people reckon it shows you how your site ranks in Google. Others reckon it’s meaningless. But actually, the truth lies somewhere in between.
Find out what PageRange means >
- How to label your images
Every element on your website matters, and images are no exception. Labelling them accurately makes your images more likely to show up in image search tools like Google Images – and that means you’ll get more visitors to your website.
Read about labelling images for SEO >
What are the key tips you’ve learnt about SEO? Share them with us in the comments.
- Understanding searchers to maximise your site The Google Keyword Volume Tool has been around for years…
- 6 Mistakes in SEO Copywriting There are no secrets to optimising content online but there…
- Can Flash and SEO work together? Most SEO experts will probably tell you that Flash and…
- Google’s latest goodies Those lads and lasses at Google labs are a clever…
- Why SEO words also means pictures The importance of labelling your images correctly for SEO purposes…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.
Eric Says: Some great tips here, so I thought I’d share them with you all.